I am John Joseph a native-born US Virgin Islander who has been honing skills in the Information Technology industry for the past 20 years. My experience extends across multiple areas within the IT stack of disciplines and technologies. My accomplishments and experience can be found on linkin or further down on this web page.
Over the years of learning the business, I’ve come to realize the evolution of technology is tougher for businesses to keep up with, and budget. It is even more challenging to determine how and when to invest in technologies for the business needs. In addition, the daunting task of evaluating potential service providers and IT solutions especially for small and medium companies.
My goal is to partner with Caribbean companies providing business value via innovative and cost-effective IT Solutions.
Worked at Hewlett Packard in a variety of roles Technical Project Manager Web Applications, Web Hosting Manager and Infrastructure Director – IT Security, Web Application Hosting (HP.com) and Global Application Operations 24×7 support.
Strategy and Planning
- Reduced data and telephony infrastructure costs by 25% through developing a thorough vendor contract process and renegotiating existing contracts.
- Managed 1MM budget within 1% of goal (JAM Distributing Company)
- Plan and execute $10MM annual budget within 1% of goal by reducing operating expenses by 15% reducing vendor licenses costs by switching to open source solutions, renegotiating license agreements as well as developing custom open source web hosting stacks. (Hewlett Packard)
Project Management – Execution
- Deployed mobile solutions supporting the operations and logistics business reducing overtime costs, improving on-time delivery and realizing time to invoice the same day.
- Integrated new acquisitions enabling the business to realize synergies in the new company increasing revenue by 10% within 18 months through the implementation of new mobile technology and rapid phone system integration.
- ERP Integration 300 user base
Process Improvement – Operations
- Develop and execute technical refresh strategy for web and Active/Enterprise directory infrastructure services while avoiding business disruptions. Scope of the projects include over 600 servers, 40 trust domains, 1 million AD objects and 200,000 Enterprise directory accounts.
- Lead shared services solutions team to migrate applications to a robust multi-tenant infrastructure (cloud) reducing the server footprint by 20%. Using application packaging methodologies to bundle and deploy technologies such as IIS, Weblogic, SQL, Apache, JBOSS, Oracle, Linux, Windows and UNIX, which improved provisioning and delivery of requested hosting infrastructure by 50%. (reduced 20 day deployment schedule to less than 3 hours)
- Increase service responsiveness and reduce time to fix by 20% via organizational redesign and team training. Implement continuous process improvement procedures leveraging ITIL across change, incident and problem management processes.
Integration and Deployment – Capital Investment
- Deployed 300 user ShoreTel phone system zero business disruptions and projected cost savings ~40k annually
- Most recently, IT Director J.A.M. Distributing Company responsible for supporting the business strategy for all aspects of the logistics operations (Quote-Cash). This endeavor involved the development and integration of applications (CRM, ERP, Web Apps, eCommerce, logistics) full digital stack integration.